Love your Eggs? Here are some extra egg recipes…
Egg Mayo Tuna Salad
A massive Sandwich Filler or Mix with cold cooked pasta for a filling meal.
Ingredients: 3-4 eggs, can of tuna (or can of salmon), small onion, 1/2 lemon, 2 heaped tablespoons of mayo, salt, pepper
Extras can be: mustard, salad dressing, cold pasta, capers, chopped olives, chopped or grated gherkin, chopped celery, paprika powder, dried chilli flakes, tabasco…
- Put eggs into a pot with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Cut up onion and drain tuna while the eggs cook.
- Once the eggs are done their 10 minute soak, remove from heat immediately and rinse with COLD water to stop the cooking process.
- Continue to rinse the eggs until you can hold them to remove the shell.
- Remove the shell, rinse away any shell particles and cut into chunks (or small pieces if you like a finer texture).
- Mix the egg, tuna, onion in a bowl with a fork. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over it and mix.
- Add mayo, pinch of salt and pepper, (little mustard or salad dressing, paprika or chilli flakes/ tabasco to your liking) and mix. Taste and adjust mayo for right consistency.
- Enjoy in a sandwich or toast, fill a small baguette an heat in oven for a warm meal; Serve cold on top of a plate of mixed salad: greens, lettuce, cucumber, etc, with tomatoes, chopped peppers.
Add cold cooked pasta, but may need to add more lemon juice + olive oil and salt. Other extras are: olives, capers, a grated or finely chopped gherkin, chopped celery, chopped apple…
Spaghetti CARBONARA or Any Pasta with Bacon and Eggs
Ingreedients: 3-4 eggs, bacon or lardons, pasta, salt & pepper, cheddar or parmesan or pecorino cheese, olive oil, garlic clove
Extras: Single/double cream, creme fraiche, fromage frais, philadelphia or other cream cheese, chopped parsley or basil.
- Boil any pasta as you would, in salty water with a spoon of oil / olive oil.
- Grate a little cheddar or parmesan or pecorino cheese into a bowl.
- Break 3-4 eggs into another bowl, add a pinch of salt, pepper and beat with a fork until mixed – you can add a spoon of cream, creme fraiche, or fromage fraise or even philadelphia/cream cheese to make it moister or creamier…
- Drain pasta
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in frying pan, add the chopped bacon or lardons, fry until ready
- when bacon ready, add a crushed garlic clove and mix, fry fo 10 seconds
- add drained pasta, mix a little, fry again for 10-20 seconds
- add beaten egg, stir and cook for a couple of minutes or so, stirring gently, so that the egg cooks
- sprinkle with grated cheese and if you wish, some chopped parsley or basil..
HOW ABOUT AN EGG CURRY?
What day do eggs hate most? Fry-day!
What did Snow White call her chicken? Egg white.
How do eggs leave the motorway? By going through the eggs-it.
Check out some Prawn and Egg recipes on an earlier page…
And finally, a Halloween Egg Special…